Take advantage Fall in Georgia by planting some of the most beautiful autumn trees in your landscape! Improve your curb appeal, and create a gorgeous yard, full of color, that you can enjoy year after year!
Unique Autumn Trees
- In the Fall, the one-of-a-kind Katsura trees give off a spicy sweet scent, and it’s leaves turn a beautiful yellow-orange color, like a tangerine. These trees have a straight trunk and heart-shaped leaves, and are native to Japan and China.
- Hamamelis virginiana is another unique choice. In the Fall, this tree’s leaves turn yellow with rusty patches, and from mid- to late Fall, clusters of yellow ribbon-shaped flowers cover the branches.
- Sassafras tree are another great choice if you’re looking for something different to plant in your yard for the Fall. It’s multi-shaped leaves turn a beautiful orange pumpkin color, and it gives off a licorice smell, attracting wildlife while fending off mosquitos!
- Ginkgo trees are a must have if you’re looking for a show stopper! These trees resist insects and disease, and their unique fan-shaped leaves turn a luminous bright yellow in the fall.
- Another must-have Fall tree is Maple, with leaves turning multiple shades of orange. These come in many different sizes and are easy to work into any landscape.
- Smokebush is another option, with leaves that turn a crimson color, scattered with yellow flowers. While smokebush is technically a shrub, it can be pruned and shaped into a small tree.
- For bright red leaves in the Fall, Sweetgum is a great fast-growing tree with star shaped leaves that tend to stay on the tre longer than other trees, so you can enjoy the Fall color even longer.
- Another classic Fall tree choice in Georgia is the Redbud. It features multi-colored leaves in the Fall, and vibrant pink blooms in the Spring. This is a smaller tree with a light colored trunk.